<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9112986\x26blogName\x3dZorro\x27s+Political+ShitBurger\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://zorrosburger.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://zorrosburger.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d9036251463336574736', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Bush to Name Intelligence Chief Today

Yahoo! News - Bush to Name Intelligence Chief Today



The President is is planning on naming our nation's first national intelligence director on Thursday. This director will be the person in charge of 15 separate agencies, e.i. the CIA.

Problem is, one of the two people he is thinking about selecting, the CIA Director Porter Goss doesn't even think himself qualified to work for the CIA at all, let alone be the Director, let alone be in charge of 15 separate intelligence agaencies.

In an interview that Michael Moore used for his movie Farenheit 911, Moore was interviewing Goss to understand why our intelligence was so off about 9-11 and Iraq. This is what then Representative Goss had to say:

"It is true I was in CIA from approximately the late 50's to approximately the early 70's. And it's true I was a case officer, clandestine services office and yes I do understand the core mission of the business. I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably. And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day, "Dad you got to get better on your computer." Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have." - Porter Goss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home